Based in Edmonton, Alberta, FreshCap is a fast-growing e-comm startup providing high quality mushroom based wellness products. We’re big on Amazon and our website across the US and Canada, with plans to expand further into retail while rapidly growing our direct-to-consumer business.
We’re looking for a creative social media expert who can craft and distribute engaging content that educates, inspires, and tells the story of mushrooms and the FreshCap brand in an approachable, friendly, and honest way.
This role offers the opportunity to blaze a trail and become a social media leader in a rapidly growing category. If you’re the kind of person with the ability and drive to help FreshCap establish itself as a world-leader in mushroom based wellness then we’d love to hear from you!
- Design, write, schedule, publish and monitor daily social media content that builds meaningful connections, educates and encourages a high level of customer interaction across various platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Pinterest.
- Create engaging assets and copy that is in alignment with our voice/brand.
- Implement and manage a detailed and organized social media content calendar for all social platforms
- Execute on-going daily engagement across social media platforms, inclusive of community engagement.
- Repurpose and refresh existing content in creative and engaging ways across multiple platforms
- Explore new ways to engage, identify new social content trends and new social networks to reach and engage with our target audience.
- Collect, obtain permission and share UGC (i.e. customer reviews, photos and videos)
- Build and execute social media strategies through competitive research, messaging and audience identification
- Introduce and implement strategies for increasing brand awareness and post engagement across all social media platforms
- Identify brand ambassadors, high quality affiliates and key social media influencers.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferably in the field of (digital) marketing or communication
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for content and copywriting.
- Proven success of growing social media channel followers, reach and engagement.
- Proficiency in optimizing and delivering on meaningful social media metrics, tracking and online analytics.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized self-starter that possesses the ability to pivot and adapt.
- Possess a forward-thinking creative skill set.
- Passion for mushrooms, health and all things social media.